To start with in this error I have encountered and explored is specific to ASP.NET and Flash communication using URLVariables and URLLoader.
The error was that although I could send update value to my .Net page but couldn’t receive the update back in Flash player specifically in Chrome and Opera. To my relief the problem for Opera was resolved with their latest release of version 10.54
So the quest begin and I Google around and found the one of the best source related to Flash Errors on web which is Judah’s blog So in case you are not looking to .net related problem please go through the post and responses in that blog entry you might come across your problem related response.
I put flash.events.HTTPStatusEvent.HTTP_STATUS as suggested by Mike Chambers on that Judah’s blog that helped me to move in right direction at least. I just noticed that in Chrome I am getting status=0 whereas in Firefox or IE I was getting Status=200.
I used Wireshark as suggested in the comments by quite a few users. This post Using WireShark to sniff HTTP packets
has steps listed to help you in getting related information using Wireshark. I was able to figure out that I am receiving response from in both Chrome and Firefox but somehow Chrome is not able to read the response.
Suddenly because of my good luck ASP.Net developer has put some error in his page by mistake and i was able to see the error value in Chrome and when I asked me to send me some text in error blog itself i was able to see the value in Chrome as well.
So now it was the turn of .net code to figure out what wrong was there and we saw that the correct block has two lines after sending the values which are:
We just commented out Response.Close(); and here it is the problem is solved and we were able to see the values in all browsers. So for reference I searched around what was the problem with Response.close and here is a post Response.End, Response.Close, and How Customer Feedback Helps Us Improve MSDN Documentation
Which clearly states that Response.close send reset packet and that’s why I was getting 0 instead of 200 and because of that Chrome was missing the values somehow.
Few other related forum questions and blog post which i have read during this problem are: