I have started learning Angular2 back in December 2015, started with going through quite a few blogs, most of these blogs had same TodoMVC example with bit different design examples and most of them were written by developers who were already working with previous version of Angular i.e. AngularJS and most of the time they skipped the basic explanations.
With Angular2 I realized that sometimes it would be hard for even an AngularJS developer to grasp few things which are totally new in Angular2. For example the concept of Annotation, no Scope and Component based architecture. No more MV* pattern, concept of web component is used.
I watched quite a few online videos, introducing Angular2 in the best possible way you can introduce some of the concept within 30min to 1hr long live presentations.
1 hr lunch session/webinar
Thanks for rangle.io they conducted quite a few sessions during January which I attended.
- 1 hour lunch time sessions
- Gave you the links to the recordings of sessions which you can watch again later.
- Some of these sessions were covered from the standpoint of how you can jump to or convert your existing projects to Angular2.
- They wrote a wonderful Angular 2 Training book available for free.
- They still do lunch time 1 hr sessions from time to time. you can check on their website.
And then in last 2 months I attended 2 different types of online courses/events in Angular2 with both of them covering almost all the topics with bonus topics of Typescript and Packaging and unit testing.
1 to 2 days workshops/live event
Thanks to a free tickets to attend live event online from https://frontendmasters.com. It was great 2 day event from 9-5 and luckily I was off from office for whole week. So I was able to attend this live event online from home un-interrupted. Here is my assessment of attending the event:
- Great introduction to almost all the topics which you need to know to work in Angular2. Presenter (Lukas Ruebbelke) were great, very knowledgeable.
- They covered almost everything you can think of in straight 2 days with one or two bonus topics covered on 3rd day but it wasn’t available for online view.
- It was a too much to consume in 2 days on the trot with no break(except for lunch break or 5/10min break between sessions) in between to retrospect upon stuff you are learning.
- Presenters did provide with github repository url and plunker url for all the solutions they covered in the event so for all developers who were not that good with npm stuff they had the option to go and get final solution from Github and try it later.
- They also gave url to plunker for all the solutions/topics the presented in event so that if you were not able to grasp something you can go later and pick up the stuff from there.
- For all registered paid members all the recorded videos of event were available for later dates.
6 weeks online course
- It was a great 6 week course with classes every Sunday morning for 3hours and 1hour every Saturday you go over the past week lesson project assignment.
- All the topics of Angular2 were covered with detailed Introduction to the usage of Typescript and Webpack bundling and Unit testing in Angular2.
- You had a full week within every new topic/lesson to go over what you have covered in the last topic and you can always discuss with presenter about the topic during project assignment go over on next Saturday.
- If you are coming from Java Enterprise background(server side developers) and trying to get up to speed with these SPA architecture of Angular2 in Front end space this course is best as you are not expected to know a lot of front end technologies during this course.
Some of the interesting blogs with better Angular2 insight:
All the best for all the developers who are looking forward to working with Angular2 and I hope some of the information provided above will be of some help to folks looking for some information to learn Angular2.